Orthodox Christians, brothers and sisters!
On our sinful earth the holy Church is the only place where we can get away from life's storms and inclemency, from the world's moral filth. The Church is an image of heaven on earth; within the temple the heavenly powers serve invisibly. Remember and know: the Holy Temple is the House of God, in which God Himself is invisibly present. For this reason, our behavior in the temple should correspond to its holiness and its greatness.
1. Enter the church with humility and meekness, so as to leave justified, as the humble publican of the Gospel.
2. When you enter the temple and see the holy icons, think about the fact that the Lord Himself and all the Saints are looking at you; be particularly reverent and have the fear of God.
3. Always come to the beginning of the service, If for some important reason you are late, be careful not to disturb the prayer of those already there. If you come to church during the reading of the Gospel, stand at the entrance doors until the end of the reading: when it is finished, quietly go to your place.
4. When you take your place in the church and others are standing nearby, greet them with a silent nod; never, even with close friends shake hands or ask any questions, Be sincerely modest in church
5, If you come to church with children, see that they behave themselves properly, meekly, that they not be noisy; teach them to understand and know how one should behave in church; accustom them to pray. If the children have to leave the church, tell them to cross themselves and to leave quietly or take them out yourself.
6. Pray in church as if you yourself are participating in the Divine services and not simply attending, that those prayers and hymns which are being read and chanted come from your heart; attentively follow the holy Service, in order to pray together with everyone and to pray for that which the whole Church is praying for.
7. While still at home, before going to church, prepare your money for candles, prosphora and the collection plates; avoid having to make change at the candle counter; this necessitates talking and disturbs the service and those praying.
8. Never, without extreme need, leave the church before the end of the service; this indicates disrespect for the holiness of the church and is a sin before God. If it happens that you do leave early, you should mention this to the priest in confession.
9. Approach Holy Communion humbly and reverently, crossing your hands on your chest; with faith and love receive the Holy Mysteries of God; then, without crossing yourself, kiss the chalice, so as not to bump It accidentally, and quietly return to your place, and do not leave the church without listening to the thanksgiving prayers to the Lord God, after communion.